Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another perfect weekend?

hitched back from west coast on friday. sweet english bloke from the UK, Richard, picks me up. He's keen to climb and runs to the boulders at castle hill for a quick onsight, then ends up staying. we wander around the city all day sat, looking for bouldering mat making supplies and cosutmes. Go to littleton market, find yummy chocolates from Shes chocolates, some vegges and some fresh fuji apple juice form local farmer. Go to get a nice coffee. Later, after I study for a bit in the park while rich continues looking for a bouldering pad, a stop at a random garage sale gives me my costume for the night!

Party at Liz's- good to see mark again. some nice costumes, me as jack skeliton, Rich as a skanky cop (rowenas costume) liz a witch, Abie's friend with an awesome masquerade mask. Ania from wien warm and bubly, nice to talk to. We used Morten's ginger brew and made dark and stormies, also used yummy drinks with littleton market juice and the vodka pear rich and I bought. people leave. richard shoudlnt drive so we stay. me Anjia, liz, richard begin acrobatics. first crossslegged rolls (in circles very fun) then headstands and hand stands. Rich then leads me through an amazing set of acrobatics, into tear drop. Then bases others and leads them through too. The amazing spider web decorations get torn down and we sleep in exhaustion.

Well I didn't sleep, mind awake and tumbling, I didnt sleep for a long time. Fitful and woke up early. so I went out on front porch to meditate - hard to find focus. then yoga on the upper deck as the sun rose higher and warmed up. I felt comfy in my new found pants. lazy morning, playing with balloons downstairs.... then off to the beach for a while. more hand stands. and I got buried in da sand completly! they couldnt see me! sand was nice and warm while wind zieht. go into coffee shop at the pier and enjoy a chai.

Then into town for slacklining sesh. Rosa falls asleep and we wrap her in my sleeping bag. Liz has amazing focus and got some really nice moments of balance on the line - SO sweet to see! Zoe - with sick dreds! - was from CPIT and good form in acrobatics. More hand stands, headstands, richard shows off flag and I kinda get half flag. Dragon was sweet, so was wallaby. On the line we tried some yoga poses, learning together. Teaching eachother zoe is close to standing from sitting, while I am close to spinning. we also did some juggling... just a tad.

ah...

Rich has sparked so much learning about body balance and posture!

Also then a bike ride into the wind to the beach (16km) only took 35 min. At ania's and marias a party is held and as I am early a sweet footbag sesh ensues. Great fun with maria. Also got out my sphere out for the first time in a while. Chris (a friend of richards) was captivated and stole my sphere often in following days and showed much improvment. Lots of Germans/Austriens at the party, so I practiced me Deutsche. Also was a feiry, prancing around with anna and chasing rosa and playing with an elephant pillow. sweet sweet

...much fun, a bit lax on the studying but i got what i needed done and had great connections with people!

1 comment:

  1. Another great hitch results in a strong friendship and meeting great people. Lots of balance and reconnecting with circus arts.

    ReplyDelete